Well....seems like when something goes....lots of things start going! LOL I thank God everyday, that he gave Ron the mechanical mind to know how to fix things....I do NOT have that kind of mind, so it boggles me when he does it!
Our toilet is now running sporadically....he says he can fix it. Our 12 year old Chevy Suburban was leaking anti-freeze everywhere....he fixed it. Now, our 20 year old washer AND our 20 year old dryer are starting to bite the dust...and he can fix them!
He found the part he needs for the washer...only $29....lots less than a new washer! (But...since I wrote this...he fixed the washer himself...with stuff he had in his workbench...for FREE!!!) And....amazingly enough....he found a motor for our dryer for $100...and he can fix it....right now $129 dollars sounds like a lot...but compared to buying a new washer and dryer....it is saving us so much money!
I used to want those new washers and dryers....but now, am so grateful that I have a husband who can fix almost anything...and 3 long clotheslines in the basement for line drying inside! LOL
I guess this is another way to "go green"....or use some of the old fashioned depression wisdom ..."Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without"....I do NOT want to go without my washer and dryer...but I do love hanging clothes to dry...so until the motor and/or parts come in...I'll keep doing what I am doing and counting my blessings!
Now...I have to run out, in my 22 year old car (which gets the best gas mileage out of any of our cars)....which Ron paid $300 for...and yes, he can fix it! ~Sue~
2 comments:
I love this post! (and is that a new header of you and your family??? Sweet!)
That has been my motto of late....makin' do, or doin' without.
My husband also fixes just about anything....the money we have saved over 38 years of marriage is uncountable! Thank God for our men!
Oh Sue, that's such a blessing! We have that here with Chris, he teaches himself how to do things, he finds info online and then just dives in. It's such a blessing for us!
God is good.
Judy
Post a Comment