Monday, September 21, 2009

Sigh....we have colds!

I guess 'tis the season' starting up again....most of us have colds. Praise God we don't have the flu...just bad head colds. So....we've been drinking lots of tea, eating lots of homemade soups...and trying to rest. LOL

I stopped at the local health food store for a new bottle of Elderberry syrup. I love this stuff! It is nothing but concentrated elderberry...no sugar or anything added. We take it by the spoonful, as hot tea...hopefully, this plus some extra vitamin c, lots of kefir smoothies....and garlic in everything....we will all be well soon! Especially for our vacation next week...it's our first family vacation in four years, so we are especially looking forward to it.

Oh, well....off to rest. Hope no one else gets bit by the 'cold' bug! ~Sue~

6 comments:

Ella said...

I will be praying for you guys!! YOu know what elderberry reminds me of......my stained skirt =)

Jolyn said...

Oh yuck not that nasty colds already. Have you thought it could be allergies, right now my Michael and I have been bad with it. Just asking because it all seems seasonal with the changes and right now is a bad time till the first frost..Ok I'm done being DR.T
I am so happy for you all to go on vacation and can't wait to hear all about it. hugs and kisses to all...love you Jolyn

Anonymous said...

Hope you all feel better!
Stephanie

Morgan said...

Aww! I hope you all feel better soon!

Michaela said...

Garlic?? >P hehe, just kidding. I'm praying for all you guys/girls. ;) I'm glad you are all on the mend now in time for your vacation!
love, Michaela =)
P.S. In case your wondering how I am able to type this, I am at the library! =P You know you are going to have to do a blog post about your trip or call me.....preferabley BOTH!! hehe =)

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I hope you all feel better soon so you can enjoy your vacation!

Manuela