Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A "Tru" friend.....brought 'Truvia'!

I had a wonderful surprise today! A special friend from church arrived at my doorstep with a belated birthday surprise for me. She reads the blog, and read how I gave up coffee and stevia because the stevia was just too expensive...so in my little goodie bag, she put a book on friendships, a bag of Starbucks morning blend....and a box of 'Truvia'!!! Stevia sweetener! I got tears in my eyes at her thoughtfulness and generosity....thank you, Viv!!! Can't wait to try it!

I may save it for a special "coffee day" a week! Boy, would that make my gift last! Maybe make a special gluten free baked good for breakfast to go with it...scones, muffins or coffee cake sounds good to me!

I've actually been ok, drinking tea and honey in the mornings. Feel fine...no headache or anything...I"m still getting caffeine. At $1.95 for a large box of tea bags and $1.25 for honey at Aldi's.....I'm still saving money.....and you can bet that I'm going to make Viv's gift to me last! LOL

Gotta run...bought 2 bushels of tomatoes at the farmers market yesterday, today I"m making tons of salsa to freeze, tomorrow and Friday, I'll be canning. Want to make some "apple syrup" tonight for pancakes tomorrow. Read somewhere, to take unsweetened apple juice, I'll be adding honey, vanilla and a touch of cinnamon, cook it down to a syrup and use that on pancakes instead of maple syrup. I've also found a recipe for using Aldi's frozen, unsweetened strawberries, and I'll be using a little Truvia to sweeten, and making my own jam whenever I need it. Smuckers Simply Fruit costs almost $4 a small jar, and we love jam on biscuits, toast, pb & j.....finding lots of substitutions for expensive items that we can make ourselves.

Vivian...if you are reading this, "Thank you" from the bottum of my heart!!!! You are a sweet, generous friend!

1 comment:

Tia said...

Stevia is awesome.