Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tis the Season...for Church Carnivals!

And, so it starts! Church carnivals....bring back so many memories from childhood! My sisters and I would always stay overnight (sometimes for days) at my grandparents house...my Gram would work St. Wendelin's carnival, we would get lots of free food and always meet our friends up there.
Ron, Meghan, Sara, Ronnie and Anna.....Ride tickets courtesy of Ron's Aunt Peppy!


Ronnie found a little canadian maple leaf "hockey guy" at the flea market....

Anna found ANOTHER stuffed dog....of course, her Daddy is a push-over for her big brown eyes!



Meghan found lots of things for her party and her hopechest. (right now,all of her things are in mine until she gets her own.) Sara didn't find anything exciting enough to make her part with her money! (smart girl!)




Then it was on to the rides....Ronnie and Anna were spinning on the cups...

flying on the helicopters....

Then it was on to the ferris wheel! We ran into Ron's cousin, Elizabeth , her husband Krister, and their daughters, Molly and Julia....I think Elizabeth had the most fun!

Even Meghan rode the ferris wheel! (Ronnie protected her!)

Sara and Anna on top! Ron and I were in the car behind them, and got a great shot!


One last ride for the little ones...then it was time for.....

DONUTS!!!!!!! Yes, these were fresh...hot off the machine! We bought a dozen to take home!

Anna's was covered with pink and purple sprinkles....of course!


Ronnie chose orange and black sprinkles...Bethel Park colors! We took them home to watch the hockey game!
THIS has been in my livingroom! A friend brought it home for Ronnie....hope it brings the Penguins luck! Tonight, it is do or die!

Ronnie is confident, though....he dressed his beloved "Blue Bear" in HIS Pittsburgh Penguins hockey uniform...complete with skates and his own Stanley Cup! Let's Go Pens!!!!!! ~Sue~

3 comments:

Michaela said...

Iyiyi! You went on the ferris wheel, Meg??!! You've braver than me in that respect! I HATE HEIGHTS!!! :0 You have forever my deepest respect. ;P
I can't wait to hear more about the fair on Monday!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's one big church carnival.=) It looks like a lot of fun.

Ella said...

I love stuffed puppy dogs! Anna's looks particularly cute =)