I've been thinking a lot of contentment and gratitude lately. With the economy and this recession/depression, everyone wonders what the future might bring. I know, with my husbands company, his contract is up in 10 months...the general concensus around work is that these guys will probably not have a job then....but, everytime I start to think about these things, God provides for our family in a big way...almost to say " I love you, I will ALWAYS meet your needs...TRUST ME!" While buying a birthday gift for me sister, I saw this plaque in the store on clearance and had to buy it...it sits right by my rocker, and faces my husband's chair. It says " Thank God for what you have...Trust God for what you need." I'm one of those people who like visual reminders! LOL I came across the survey below and had to post it....it really made me think...again, a timely reminder that we are RICH....RICH in blessings!!!!
Do you have running water in your home? Can you drink it without boiling it for fear of disease?
Do you have a roof over your head?

Do you know where your next meal is coming from?
Do you eat more than once a day?

Do you have something to wear other than what you have on right now?

Do you have some mode of transportation? Bicycle, motorcycle, or car?

Do you have access to some form of free education for your children?
Do you have access to some form of medical care?
If you had a true emergency, would you be assured that you or a family member would be given the care they needed?
Do your children have at least one toy in which to play with?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you are richer than most of the world. People around the world live in poverty, without the hope of even clean water to drink. So, although things with the economy might be really bad....let's keep it in perspective, it could always be worse.To learn more, you can visit World Relief. 
These are all pictures of 'visual reminders' that we have around our home. We are the typical "kinesthetic' learners....we need to see it, hear it, and do it ourselves....so for us, these visual reminders are subconcious ways to remind us of what the Bible says is important...and to count our blessings everyday, all day...to cultivate contentment and gratitude. No matter what our future holds, we know WHO holds our futures...and we trust Him. Have a very blessed Sabbath rest day! ~Sue~
1 comment:
Mrs. Gorecki, that was beuatiful post- one of my favorites yet! We so often need a reminder to lift our eyes heavenward instead of constantly worrying about what this life will bring. Christ has conquered thsi world- even though we continue to fight, the battle is already won. And He cares for us more even more than the birds of the air.
Thanks for the encouragement!
Post a Comment