It is my dear friend Ella's nineteenth birthday today! We spent over an hour on the phone last night and I plan to call her later today to sing Happy Birthday to her. :) It's little tradition we have in our family. :) Ella is truly a wonderful friend. Though we haven't known each other very long, it seems to me that I've known her forever! She has a wonderful gift of encouargement and her voice always rings with joy-over the phone and through her e-mails. I thank the Lord for Ella!!
We've discovered that we have A LOT in common.....to say the least. :) We're both old movie nuts, old-fashioned, love books and writing. :) But our common bond is not our passion for old movies and Frank Sinatra (who is crooning right now on the CD player) but the Lord. The Lord has blessed me with a wonderful friend in Ella and has blessed our friendship so much!
My dear friend, I wish you a wonderful birthday and to let you know that, "I thank the Lord upon each rememberance of you." Phillipians 1:3.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
4 comments:
HI MEGAN,
THAT IS SUCH A BLESSING TO HAVE SUCH GOOD GODLY FRIENDS. I LOVED SEEING THAT YOU ENJOY FRANK SINATRA, HE IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES.
IN HIS GRACE,
JOLYN
Awww.....You are so very sweet, Meghan, my dear. It does feel like we have known each other forever, hasn't it? It is such a blessing.
I share unique bonds with all of my friends. I love having someone to talk old movies with. And you know what I am talking about!
Thank you so much.
Love,
Ella
Happy Birthday Ella! *<:)
Meghan, that post was wonderful!I'm so glad that you both were able to "meet" each other. :) What a blessing for both of you!
I know that Ella feels the same way, Meghan, that your friendship is a blessing in her life.
I think, sometimes, when you meet a "kindred spirit", there is an instant connection, and it feels like you've known each other for years. I feel like that with your mom as well.
Blessings to you!
Love,
Mrs. G.
Post a Comment