Saturday, January 3, 2009

Provision, Generosity and Frugality...

Provision....Generosity, and Frugality....I'm very excited about this post! I'm going to start, by saying "Thank you, God, for your constant provision for our family!"This picture above is 20 quarts of turkey stock!!! The excitement of this is that one of my best friends does not like turkey very much and gave me 2 turkey carcasses to freeze after the holidays. Well, I pulled them out this morning, and made 20 quarts of golden, rich stock.









I got a huge platter of meat when I deboned them after cooking the stock...I couldn't believe how much meat I was able to get off those bones!


We had so much, I was able to make a large bowl of turkey salad to put on rice cakes for lunch ( my husband, who isn't gluten free had 2 big turkey salad sandwiches)...with some leftover.



I froze a large bag of meat to make Turkey Tetrazzini sometime in the coming weeks, which will feed our family dinner and have some leftovers for lunch as well.




and I took some of the stock and meat and made turkey soup for dinner with thai rice stick noodles....delicious! I have enough of the soup left for another large meal or lunches with some cooked brown rice.

So, thank you, Rhonda, for your generosity! Our family is continuously blessed by you!!!

And....how is that for frugality?! LOL I actually had fun today planning this meal...and this post as well! (my daughters couldn't understand why I was taking pictures of food....for a blog post, of course!) The girls and I even had some time today to run to the yarn store for the supplies to make a special "Dr. Who" scarf for a friend, and to return a gift at Best Buy and get a special old movie tin with 10 old movies that we love.

In a coming post, I want to put into words what God has been doing in my life, and our family for the past 2 years...with simplifying, contentment, organization, and creative frugality...but this meal was such a perfect example...and I am so very, very grateful for God's provision, Rhonda's generosity and God's gift of creativity and creative frugality!!! ~Sue~

No comments: