Monday, January 12, 2009

Menu Plan Monday...sort of!

Here is the menu plan that I made up for the week...before I knew my husband was going to paint my kitchen...and then he started it....but had to stop suddenly because he sold his car...suddenly....so.....everything is out of my kitchen and all over the place! LOL I'm going to desperately try to stick to this menu...even amidst the chaos....for health reasons as well as financial reasons....looks like I'll start the oatmeal tonight in the crockpot, mix the ingredients for the pumpkin bread tonight and bake it before hubby wakes up...and crockpot the chicken cacciatore as well....hopefully, all painting will be done by tomorrow night! This is a crazy week to begin with...Ronnie's 7th birthday is Thursday, and he has to see the surgeon to get his post-surgery checkup and x-rays...then we're having a big birthday/Steeler football party on Sunday that I need to prepare food ahead of time for, but... here's the menu plan for this week!

~Menu Plan Monday~
Monday:
veggie omlets/ cheesy eggs
potatoes

P.B. J., yogart, apples

Cauliflower cheese soup
garlic bread

Tuesday:
oatmeal with raisons

GF pumpkin bread, yogart and fruit

Chicken Cacciatore with GF pasta and salad

Wednesday:

Buttermilk Soup (a recipe from the Gr. Depression using buttermilk, vanilla and tapioca) with fruit

egg, cheese, GF pasta casserole, and salad

Deer chops, peppers & mushrooms, sweet/sour red cabbage, oven fried potatoes

Thursday: ***Ronnie's 7th Birthday! He picks the menu***

Cocoa crisp cereal, with bananas

Arby's sandwiches with 'horsey sauce'

Chicken and brown rice with steamed carrots

Homemade chocolate custard

Friday:

GF blueberry pancakes

Kefir smoothie

Brown Rice/Lentil casserole with salad

Chuckie Cheese for a pizza birthday party

Saturday:

oatmeal custard with raisons

veggie cheese omlets with GF toast

GF impossible cheeseburger pie ( with ground deer) and salad

Sunday: (Ronnie's party)

GF cereal with bananas ( we ALWAYS have cereal on Sundays)

crockpot chicken and rice soup

Menu for party:

veggies and dip, spinach dip, homemade baked beans, hotdogs, broccoli/cauliflower salad, homemade 'hotpockets', chocolate cake and icecream!

I'm going to TRY and find the time to make the shanghai egg rolls for the party, too...but wo't knock myself out if I run out of time! Getting together some more menu ideas for more meatless meals....my goal is to have 3 days out of 7 be meatless...and use less meat in our meals as well. I keep telling my husband that we simply need to change our thinking to " meat is a side dish"...he just laughs at me....and really appreciates the times he gets red meat! Be blessed! ~Sue~

No comments: