Sunday, January 25, 2009

"jewish penicillian" and God's blessings....


I'm sick. I seem to have caught what others in my family had...a bad chest cold that just drains you to exhaustion, makes your muscles and head ache....and gives you a nasty cough! As the day progressed yesterday, I just felt worse....some ibuprophen and a hot shower helped...but I caught it anyway. I've spent the past 3 days resting.

I managed yesterday to make 20 quarts of chicken stock....I think I put in at least 13 large cloves of garlic! I had heard that a Jewish grandmothers chicken soup would cure anything that ails you...and I've been making it for years! I only got up from resting to strain the broth, cook the rice and finish the soup. Delicious!

One huge blessing today, was that I was reunited with an old friend from my childhood, Jolyn. She and her family lived behind us when we were growing up, then they moved to Ohio. The last time I saw her, was in 1992 when Ron and I met she and her husband, Mike, for dinner. Then, we lost touch. I was overjoyed to hear that she found my sister thru the internet, then she and I emailed. When I saw her email address, I was thrilled...and immediately thought "She's a believer!"

Yesterday, she called me. She, also, was sick with a bad sinus cold...so we both climbed into our beds to rest and talked....and talked and talked! We talked for almost 2 1/2 hours! And probably could have talked much longer! We told each other our testimonies, the things the Lord has done in our lives, our struggles, all about our children, our churches...we laughed! We can't wait to get together! I found out that she is only about 40 minutes away from another friend of mine in Ohio! What a wonderful coincidence. I will be visiting both of them this summer.

How the Lord cares for me!!!! He provides the means for hot, healthy soup, He has blessed me with a wonderful, hardworking, caring husband and children who love and care for me when I'm sick(the girls helped with the Littles, and Meghan made yummy coffee bars that both girls brought to me in bed)...and He has been bringing me fellow 'sisters in Christ' as new friends a lot lately...as well as deepening and strengthening old friendships. He is so good to me!!! I am abundantly blessed! Now...to rest with my little ones and enjoy His blessings! Have a blessed Sabbath rest! ~Sue~

No comments: