Why I love bread making
An essay written by Sara Gorecki
I love to make homemade bread for many reasons. The smell, the feel, and the taste contribute to it, but my favorite thing about making bread is the feeling of productivity in serving my family. Our family has six people, and two children under the age of ten, so we go through a lot of PBJ sandwiches and quick lunches using bread. With all the preservatives in store bought bread, we have chosen to make homemade bread as well as grinding our own grain into flour. There is something about walking into a kitchen and smelling fresh baked bread!
An essay written by Sara Gorecki
I love to make homemade bread for many reasons. The smell, the feel, and the taste contribute to it, but my favorite thing about making bread is the feeling of productivity in serving my family. Our family has six people, and two children under the age of ten, so we go through a lot of PBJ sandwiches and quick lunches using bread. With all the preservatives in store bought bread, we have chosen to make homemade bread as well as grinding our own grain into flour. There is something about walking into a kitchen and smelling fresh baked bread!
Serving my family is one of my highest priorities, so any time I can serve them, I do. Bread making is one of the ways I can help my mother, who does so much for us. I remember when I was little my mother would let my sister and I help knead the dough and use the big wooden spoon to stir the dough. That precious memory has carried on to my younger siblings as well, especially our ‘little mother’ who is four and loves to be a mommy. Bread making has benefits for your health, but it also has benefits for your soul. Comfort food is food that feeds your soul, and what does that more than homemade bread?
No comments:
Post a Comment