Thursday, January 15, 2009

Happy Birthday...our one and only #1 Son!!!

What a joyful day today!!! Our only son, Ronnie is 7 years old today!!! What a happy, chubby little guy he was!From the time he was tiny, it seemed to me that he imitated his dad...he naturally seemed to gravitate to football and especially hockey...and he watched every move his dad made. Cracked me up! After my having no brothers, and 2 daughters...he fascinated me from the start.
No matter how 'tough' or what a little man he was, he was always and still is my special guy...still loves to 'snuggle' his mom, thank goodness! And...I love the way his mind works.

This has been a 'Star Wars' day....most of his presents are from one of the movies...books, dvd's...cards, and action figures...but, oh, the joy and pride of a little boy who is able to relate the struggles of good vs. evil to scripture! And the discussions we have....I think he gets it...and I love the questions he asks.
This morning, after he opened his presents ( he had to follow the clues to find them), and having the breakfast that he chose to start his special day....we went to the surgeon for a followup appointment after his surgery on December 3rd. The doctor had told us after the surgery, that he would be restricted to a walker for 6 weeks, then limited restrictions for apprx. 10 weeks until he was completely healed. Well....this morning, Ronnie was x-rayed and he is NOW completely healed...over 2 months ahead of schedule....Praise God for Healing and Answered Prayer!!! Even the doctor was surprised! Ronnie is now cleared of all restrictions, the darned walker is hidden in the attic, and he resumes hockey on Monday....we have one happy boy!



He had a short visit today from one of his best friends, Aaron, and the boys exchanged birthday gifts....of course, Star Wars! Ronnie and Aaron have known each other from birth...and get along so well! They always enjoy each others company.



Then, Ronnie had a surprise visit from our wonderful neighbors, Grace and Luke, who gave him a very cool Pittsburgh Penguin Sydney Crosby puzzle....they stayed and played for quite a while, which was nice as we've been a little 'isolated' for a while, due to different illnesses. We are very blessed to have the Kimmel family as our neighbors and friends.




We had a very special guest today, as well as all of the friends who stopped by....one of Ronnie's grandfathers, Buppy, drove over an hour to come and spend the day with him. Buppy can do anything...and if he doesn't know how to do something, he'll figure it out! Ronnie, his dad and Buppy worked on his car for the Cubscouts Pinewood Derby coming up in February. What a special time they had!

This last picture was taken as the evening winds down...with a fire in the fireplace, all of us watching a Star Wars movie...and of course, with lightsabres! Ronnie turned to me and said, " Mum....I'm filled with the good force, the force of the Holy Spirit".....I just smiled and agreed...May the God of all creation bless my boy...my 3 daughters, my wonderful husband, and all of you with the force of His love! ~Sue~

6 comments:

Katie said...

Aw, "Happy Birthday, Ronnie!!" Mine is tomorrow. Yea, we share the same Birthday month!!!!
I'm so happy you had a great day!! :)
~Bekah:)

Author at 661 said...

The force of the Holy Spirit... the sweet nature combined with the awesomeness of that comment made me smile.

I'm not sure who's more excited in our house about the pinewood derby: Dad because he'll be reliving his childhood memories with his own kids; the boys because they'll get to build, paint and drive; or me because I'll get to take pictures of it all =]

Anonymous said...

Happy (belated) birthday! I'm glad you had such a special day with family and friends. Praise the Lord that Ronnie's doctor's appointment went well and that he is quickly recovering. May the "force" be with you all too!
- Michaela

Anonymous said...

HAppy Birthday Ronnie! I am so happy you had such a great day! That is so wonderful that your fully recovered...and you get to play hockey soon! I'm sure your really excited! May the force be with you! -Morgan W.:)

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday RONNIE!

Patti said...

Happy birthday, Ronnie. I hope that we get to meet you one day.
I praise God that he healed you.

Love the photo with the Steeler uniform!! You started him off on the right foot early, didn't you?
(I'm not a Steeler fan anymore---too much love for the ol' Bradshaw/Swann/Harris years, I guess. We actually don't follow football much anymore, except for college ball (love Penn State!), as baseball is the sport of choice for my son.

Blessings!!