Saturday, January 17, 2009

Be A Clown!

Well, the title says it all: Anna and I were clowns tonight. I was feeling kinda bored, and I knew we had some white face paint, so my mom said, "Go for it!" I put my hair in a crazy style, put white face paint on my entire face, and made a red nose and a puppet mouth using washable markers. Anna wanted face paint too, so I painted her face after putting her hair into three tootsie rolls (ponytails tucked under) and her bangs into a poof. Then came the costumes: my nightshirt and pants for her, and a guys Harvard t-shirt and baggy pants for me! It was soooo much fun and she loved it! It was very fun to shirk my jeune femme responsabilités and act like a clown...by the way, the above french statement means 'young lady responsibilities'.

This was Anna's costume and you can see mine if you scroll down to the last picture. She wanted to wear my fuzzy scarf, so she wrapped it around and off she went! She is so adorable, n'est-ce pas?
We played runaway horse (as you can see from the picture above), clown wars (don't ask), and even walked the tightrope!We had so much fun and she even sang a special song for me and mum at the end, (Lyrics below):

Little Heart, little Heart,
where have you been?
I love you so so very much
You are my bestest friend.
I love to play games with you
I love to giggle and sing too
Little Heart, Little Heart,
you're my awesome best friend.

(Copyright Anna L. Gorecki, Age 4)

How cute is that????? Here is our final picture of us right after we finished our 'concert'.

We are now watching the movie Madeline and muching on some peanuts and rice chex, so I have to go. But as Donald O' Connor said in Singin in the Rain, "Make em laugh, Make em Laugh, MAKE EM LAUGH!"

3 comments:

Abigail and Lydia said...

I love htat 'sinin' in the rain' line! : ) Thats funny, sounds like something me and my little broths. would do! Have a good day, clowns!
Love,
lydia

Sara said...

thanks Lydia! Anna was really happy we got to do that.
~Love Sara~

Anonymous said...

It looks like you and Anna had a lot of fun! At first I was like "Who are those people?" then I realized it was you!
-Morgan W.