Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Menu plan Monday

Ok...I thought this was a cool idea when I first heard of it, and I think I will try it too. I've been planning our menus for years...saves us tons of money, and with different food sensitivities, as well as rising food costs...it's even more important to me now to really plan ahead. For this week, I'll only post dinners, but in coming I weeks I hope to post breakfast and lunches as well. ( that's how I plan anyway) So...here is this weeks menus! ~Sue~

Monday
Potatoes cooked in chicken broth with a little italian sausage and onion with salad

Tuesday
Chicken and vegetables over brown rice pasta and salad

Wednesday
gluten free philly steak pizzas, cold shrimp, veggies and dip, pintobean natchos with cheese
(after all, it is New Years Eve!)

Thursday
Pork and sauerkraut over potato dumplings

Friday
Oven fried chicken, oven roasted potatoes, carrots, beets and salad

Saturday
Turkey and Rice soup with gluten free cornbread

1 comment:

Patti said...

Sue,

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the encouraging comment about the fact that I have been led of the Lord to blog less. Although I would never consider sitting in front of the TV and watching soap operas for 2 hours a day, he put upon my heart that I was sitting at the computer for 2 (or more!) hours every day...and my home duties were suffering as a result. It's hard to disengage, but I know that obedience to the Lord's voice is a necessity...and blessing always follows obedience. BEsides, as one of my commenters said, when our adoption is finalized and I have a little one in my home again, I WON'T have the time to sit in blogville for hours every day. I don't have the time now...but I was taking the time.

Anyhow, I just wanted to comment about your menu. When I was growing up (in Pittsburgh!), my grandmother ALWAYS made pork and sauerkraut for New Year's Day. Is it a New Year's tradition for you as well?

And, thanks for the invite if we ever make it to Pittsburgh. I definitely want to show my kids my old childhood haunts...things that I've told them about through the years. And my grandparents and great-grandparents are buried in Jefferson Memorial Cemetery...I'd love to stop by and put flowers on their graves. And we'd love to meet your lovely family. We'll definitely let you know if we're in the area.

Love in Christ,
Patti