We had a wonderful family get together yesterday at my sister's house for my nephew's 17th birthday...of course, it was a Steeler party as well! It was so nice to see everyone, lots of great food ( way to go, Lor!)...and it was Ronnie's first outing since his surgery 12 days ago. He did well....he's trying to do too much, though...have to rein him in since he feels so good!
Sometimes, family is not just blood relatives...sometimes, we can have special friends....old friends or new friends...kindred spirits, someone who you just know God brought into your life to be a special friend....someone who feels like family....
We had a treat yesterday...our old friend ( goodness...she's been my sister's best friend since 1973!) Debbie was there. Deb is so sweet...and so funny! Who else but a really old friend, would remember the silly things you used to do as a child, and will sit and sing all the old songs with you (Deb, I promise you can sing lead...I don't mind singing backup, now!) ...remembering all the old school friends you both know and laughing hysterically about some of the things you used to do. It's always special when we get to spend time with Debbie.
Well...off to the craft store for paints and glitter for our saltdough ornaments. ( after getting some laundry started, of course! LOL) Will post pictures of our creations when they are done...Ronnie and Anna are so excited! One thing we're doing this year is helping Ronnie and Anna make 'edible nativity scenes'....we did this when Meghan and Sara were little and they were so proud of their creations and it is every bit as much fun as making gingerbread houses. We'll have to do a seperate post for that activity! Hope everyone has a very blessed day! ~Sue~
4 comments:
Sara, I meant to tell you that you are in the drawing on my blog!
And Meghan, if you want a chance at the DVD, stop by and comment so I will know. =)
Same to you, Mrs. G!
Blessings,
Ella
Oh! It does sound like you all had a lovely time! I totally feel the same way about my family!
I just love reading all of your blog posts (well, as well as your girls' posts:))!
God bless!
~Bekah:)
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. How nice that we both are keeping warm in the house by doing our holiday baking. My daughter intends to take pictures of our creations and post them on her blog.
I had to laugh about the Steeler party. I used to be a HUGE Steeler fan. Of course, that was back in their big days of the 1970's. I remember walking up and down the streets with my girlfriends, yelling "Steelers are the best!!" We did that after their 75 and 76 Super Bowl wins. by the time they won in 79 and 80, my family had moved from there, and where I lived, I couldn't find a single Steeler fan, so I was the lone person rooting on the Steel Town Boys!! Now, I don't follow football (except a small amount of college football). My son is a HUGE baseball fan (Red Sox), so we are always getting the rundown on what is happening in the world of Major League Baseball.
Hey, since both Sara and Meghan read Ella's blog, that means you have 2 chances to win the DVD for your house.
Keep warm! And happy baking!
Patti
Thanks, everyone! We are certainly loving having the blog! Patti, I thought you might remember past Steeler parties! I'm so glad everyone is enjoying the blog! We will be posting more pictures of our creations as well...the little ones painted their salt-dough ornaments white and are ready to add colors and glitter....we'll definitely post proud pictures of their ornaments...they are very proud of their creations! Blessings! ~Sue~
Post a Comment